Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Releases for January

Ode to the Indie Author

Independent Authors are a fierce bunch.  I have much respect for them.  Not only do I support them, but I celebrate them too. From the blogs I've read, I've learned that self publishing is not an easy task.   I've just begun following a blog with an arsenal of 25 authors and wish them much inspiration and success.  Follow their brand new blog at http://www.indeliblewriters.blogspot.com/

I've had the opportunity to read a handful of these indie authors since receiving my Kindle for Mother's Day in 2011.  Their books can usually be found for free or as low as .99 cents.  The sequels usually go up a dollar or two, and if it's a trilogy, add another couple of bucks.  I just recently purchased SLEEPERS on Kindle for .99 cents.  This is book #1 in The Swarm Trilogy, by author Megg Jensen, who just so happens to be a member of the Indelibles.

On an entirely different note, January is a big month for releases of highly anticipated sequels.  Among those released are, BLOODROSE by Andrea Cremer; third and final installment of the Nightshade Series, JESSICA RULES THE DARK SIDE by Beth Fantaskey; sequel to Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, WINGS OF THE WICKED by Courtney Allison Moulton; the second book in her Angelfire trilogy, DREAMING AWAKE by Gwen Hayes; this is the sequel to Falling Under, TRUTH by Julie Karr; second installment to XVI, RIVAL DEMONS by indie author and member of the Indelibles, Sarra Cannon; this is the 5th and final book in the Peachville High Demons Series, HALLOWED by Cynthia Hand; sequel to Unearthly.

Being that I've kept up with all of these authors and their series, I can hardly hold still while I wait to get my hands on these sequels.  So excited!

Needless to say, this month will be big for "Leave Mommy Alone".  I'll spend many an hour trying to update and promote this new baby of mine, review books, other various types of entertainment and trying to squeeze in 'me time' to lose myself in these exciting sequels!


No comments:

Post a Comment